Experienced Construction Law Guidance
There may not be enough room on the internet to list all of the legal challenges and potential pitfalls that project owners, construction companies and their customers, and other industry participants face on a daily basis. Suffice it to say there are many, and because of this, there’s no way to overestimate the value of having experienced legal counsel.
At The Law Office of Mark E. Sostarich, more than 40 years of experience representing clients in the construction industry have given me the knowledge and ability to meet any challenge involving this area of the law. An extensive background in the state and federal trial and appellate courts of Wisconsin has also made me well aware of the issues, traps and mistakes that typically land parties in court. This, in turn, enables me to provide my clients with proactive legal counsel and services that minimize this possibility.
How I Can Help
Specific aspects of my corporate law and real estate practice include:
- Providing general counsel on a wide range of matters, including the hiring of construction professionals and subcontractors, and avoiding violations of Wisconsin’s “theft by contractor” statute
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing construction contracts
- Securing project financing
- Resolving surety issues
- Obtaining necessary land use permits, construction permits and zoning variances
- Representing owners and owners’ representatives in matters related to large-scale construction projects
- Lien waiver issues and disputes
- Differing site conditions
- Contract extras
Representing Individuals And Businesses In Construction Disputes Statewide
I represent individuals, homeowners, construction businesses, lending institutions, sureties and others in construction disputes of every type, including:
- Breach of contract claims
- Theft-by-contractor litigation
- Differing site conditions
- Extras and add-ons
- Retainage issues
- Milestone payments
- Punch list items
- Misrepresentation and fraud claims
- Construction delay claims
- Construction defect claims
- Insurance disputes
- Zoning litigation
My knowledge of the construction trade and familiarity with its various aspects and nuances are tremendous benefits to clients on every side of construction-related conflicts. In fact, I frequently go out into the field to investigate cases and evaluate conditions in person.
Choose Representation You Can Trust
To discuss an existing or potential construction dispute with an experienced trial and appellate lawyer, call or contact The Law Office of Mark E. Sostarich online. I am available to clients 24 hours a day and routinely travel to meet clients throughout Wisconsin, including cities such as Milwaukee, Madison, Racine and Kenosha.