Construction Law For Kenosha And Surrounding Areas
There may not be enough room on the internet to list all of the legal challenges and potential pitfalls that project owners, construction businesses and other industry participants face on a daily basis. Suffice it to say there are many, and because of this, there’s no way to overestimate the value of having experienced legal counsel.
At The Law Office of Mark E. Sostarich, more than 35 years of experience representing clients in the construction industry have given us the knowledge and ability to meet any challenge involving this area of the law. An extensive background in the state and federal trial and appellate courts of Wisconsin has also made us well aware of the issues, traps and mistakes that typically land parties in court. This, in turn, enables us to provide our clients with proactive legal counsel and services that minimize this possibility.
Specific aspects of our corporate law and real estate practice include:
- Providing general counsel on a wide range of matters, including the hiring of construction professionals and subcontractors, and avoiding violations of Wisconsin’s “theft by contractor” statute
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing construction contracts
- Securing project financing
- Resolving surety issues
- Obtaining necessary land use permits, construction permits and zoning variances
- Representing owners and owners’ representatives in matters related to large-scale construction projects
Representing Individuals And Businesses In Construction Disputes Statewide
We represent individuals, homeowners, construction businesses, lending institutions, sureties and others in construction disputes of every type, including:
- Breach of contract claims
- Theft-by-contractor litigation involving differing site conditions, extras, add-ons, retainage issues, milestone payments, punch list items and other matters
- Misrepresentation and fraud claims
- Construction delay claims
- Construction defect claims
- Surety disputes
- Zoning litigation
‘s knowledge of the construction trade and familiarity with its various aspects and nuances are tremendous benefits to clients on every side of construction-related conflicts. In fact, keeping a well-worn hard hat and work boots in the trunk of his car, attorney frequently goes out into the field to investigate cases and evaluate conditions in person.
To discuss an existing or potential construction dispute with an AV Preeminent-rated* trial and appellate lawyer, call or contact The Law Office of Mark E. Sostarich. We are available to clients 24 hours a day and routinely travel to meet clients throughout Wisconsin, including cities such as Milwaukee, Madison, Racine and Kenosha.